Maximising revenue is the aim of every business, whether your "business" is a store, school, P&C, or charity.
One of the most obvious ways to increase revenue is to reduce the objections to purchasing, and that includes those sale-losing words: "Sorry, I don't have any cash".
Here's our top 2 ways to transfer cash electronically, with low-no fees:
- SQUARE READER:
- This is the easiest and cheapest way to "look like a store".
- Choose the Contactless and Chip Reader and you'll be supplied with everything you need to get going. It's $59 and available to buy online from www.squareup.com/au with free delivery - otherwise check out Officeworks or Harvey Norman. (Prices and availablility correct at publish date).
- Just connect it to a phone via bluetooth, activate your internet connection, and you're ready to take those sales.
- Square have a really great referral system: if you register your reader via the referral link, both you and the referee receive $1000 in fee-free processing.
- Share the love: Why not share your code on your Facebook page? For parents with businesses/clubs/charities that take you up on the offer, you both receive fee free processing. Otherwise, the fees are fairly standard for an electronic payment system.
- It's as simple as setting up your email address (e.g. the P&C address) and then asking parents to log in to their PayPal app, and pay to your email address.
- Paypal have also set up quick payment links for your account, so you can email a direct payment request to your customer, and they can pay immediately.
- You may need to review whether your organisation qualifies for the personal (fee free) or business (fee paid) rates.
- The best bit about PayPal is that it's instant, and you'll receive a notification saying the payment has processed immediately!
Lastly, if you're going to start accepting electronic payments, let your parents (i.e. customers) know! Its as simple as saying: "we can accept cash and cards" when you're promoting your event.
I know for me, that when I attend the next school event (or market, or charity event), I'm unlikely to have cash, and will be more inclined to spend if I don't have to stop and think before I pay!
If you'd like a referral code to activate that fee-free processing on Square, ask your school community and maybe you'll be able to help out a school parent's business! Otherwise, this is our code, and you're welcome to use it: http://www.squareup.com/i/F6F3543336
For more great tips on treating your Uniform Shop or P&C as the business it is, head on over to our Facebook Group to join in the conversation.
Nicola - School Ponytails